Monday, April 1, 2013

Photo stories and L2 teaching

 
    Above is a photo story I made named " Grow up" using Stupeflix. Stupeflix is one of all kinds of online software for making photo stories. They provide the feature of integrating your photos, texts, music and animation together,users can easily create their own stories using them.
     It also can be a good helper in language teaching class. Both teacher and students can learn to use it because of its user-friendliness. For example, students can use it to make their journals more dramatic and easy to share. In china, many teachers ask their students to write a journal every week on exercise book, in my memory, it was really a boring task. However, if we ask our students to write journals using these online tool, I think it will be different. I enjoy the process of making it, so I guess my students to a larger degree will also like it.
     For teacher, these tools to make photo story are  also useful. Although my experience of teaching in class is not rich until now, I know sometimes it is hard and time-consuming to find a video appropriate to use in class for warming up or other purposes. These story making tools provide the feasibility for teaching to make their own videos which fit their teaching plans.
      In sum, online photo story tools can make class more creative, interesting and also bring convenience for teacher. It is worth a try.

1 comment:

  1. By the time you teach there will surely be even better tools for photo stories because the technology for them is improving everyday.

    ReplyDelete